Flying Solo Gear Co | Tully Waterproof Tailbags
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to a recent change in ownership, many MOTOGIRL items are on backorder and may take up to 2 weeks to fulfil.
If you need your item urgently, please contact us to check. If we have your item in stock, we can send it within 24 business hours.
How to Strap
- Sealed waterproof zip with watertight lock
- Welded seams
- Easy-access water resistant external pocket
- Completely waterproof main compartment
- Mesh small-goods pocket
- T-Shaped zipper pulley for use with gloves
- Sleek, tapered design for reduced drag
- Reflective logos
- Handle for easy carry off the bike
- Removable hard wall to protect your gear
- ID Pocket
What's Included in each bag
- 4x Universal anchor straps with standard G-hook
- 1x Messenger strap
- 1x pair of Backpack Straps (Medium size only)
- 1x small tube of silicone grease for zipper maintenance
- 2x Piggyback straps
- Instruction manual
- Energy to help you through the next downpour you get caught in
Buying a Duo Pack? You'll get double of everything mentioned above. If you choose the Clip Buckle Upgrade, both sets of anchor straps will be Clip Buckle.
Behind the scenes - What's inside?
- External shell: Waterproof TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) coated fabric
- Main compartment zip: Sealed waterproof/dustproof zipper
- Dome compartment zip: Water resistant zipper
- Internal pocket: PVC coated mesh
- Straps: High tensile nylon
- G-Hooks: Aluminium
Small 7L Measurements (Metric)
- External Measurements*: 270mm (L) x 225mm (W) x 150mm (H)
- Internal Measurements of main compartment: 260mm (L) x 210mm (W) x 100mm (H)
- Internal Measurements of top pocket: 240mm (L) x 190mm (W) x 35mm (H)
- Volume: 7L
- Tailbag Weight: 640g
- Tailbag + Straps Weight: 840g
- The bags are made by hand - please allow for +/- 1cm difference from spec
Small 7L Measurements (Imperial)
- External Measurements*: 10.6" (L) x 8.8" (W) x 5.9" (H)
- Internal Measurements of main compartment: 10.2" (L) x 8.3" (W) x 3.9" (H)
- Internal Measurements of top pocket: 9.4" (L) x 7.5" (W) x 1.4" (H)
- Volume: 1.85 Gal
- Tailbag Weight: 1.4lbs
- Tailbag + Straps Weight: 1.85lb
- The bags are made by hand - please allow for +/- 0.4" difference from spec
Medium 15L Measurements (Metric)
- External Measurements*: 400mm (L) x 260mm (W) x 160mm (H)
- Internal Measurements of main compartment: 380mm (L) x 235mm (W) x 100mm (H)
- Internal Measurements of top pocket: 360mm (L) x 220mm (W) x 40mm (H)
- Volume: 15L**
- Tailbag Weight: 960g
- Tailbag + Straps Weight: 1400g
Medium 15L Measurements (Imperial)
- External Measurements*: 15.7" (L) x 10.2" (W) x 6.3" (H)
- Internal Measurements of main compartment: 15" (L) x 9.3" (W) x 3.9" (H)
- Internal Measurements of top pocket: 14.2" (L) x 8.7" (W) x 1.6" (H)
- Volume: 3.96 Gal**
- Tailbag Weight: 2.1 lbs
- Tailbag + Straps Weight: 3.09 lbs
- *Note: Tully Tailbags are not perfect rectangles; measurements were made at the midpoints of the bag
- The bags are made by hand - please allow for +/- 1cm difference from spec
- **Volume calculated from both main compartment and top pocket
Measurements on the hangtag may be slightly different from measurements on website, as the hangtags were printed early in the process of product development. The measurements on this website are the most accurate.
TPU coated textiles are UV resistant, can stand up to extreme weather and environmental conditions, and resist abrasions and punctures. Combined with glued or welded seals, these fabrics have excellent air- and liquid-holding capability. (source)
You can also purchase the Clip Buckle Straps separately here.
Unboxing and review of Tully Tailbags by OzBatts Adventures!
Q: Will TULLY fit my bike?
A: We provide a total of 6 straps per tailbag to help you find the best way to fit Tully on your bike. Tully is happiest on flat, wide seats. However, it's possible to fit Tully on sportbike seats and some rear fenders. You're welcome to use your imagination!
Q: Why is the zipper stiff?
A: Tully is no ordinary tailbag. We've used a waterproof/dustproof zipper with a locking mechanism at the end. Because of this, the zipper may feel stiff for a while. Use the silicone grease provided using the instructions that come with your bag. It will become easier to use over time.
Q: I've strapped it to the bike, but it seems loose. Why?
A: Tully is designed to flex a little on the bottom, but not a whole lot. Depending on the shape of your seat, Tully may feel a bit loose because it has flexed all it can. The G-hooks have spring clips so you know that Tully won't detach from your bike.
Q: Why does the material look bent/wrinkled on the top?
A: Tully is made from marine grade TPU, which is the same materials used in lifeboats. This material is a stiff fabric that is supported by an inner plastic shell. When the tailbags are packed, they might get a few wrinkles here and there. Over time and with use, these wrinkles go away. Stuff the top pocket with soft materials to help this along.
Q: Is TULLY recommended for off-road use?
A: Due to the materials of our anchor points, we don't recommend prolonged off-road use unless you wrap another strap around the bag. In the future, we plan to develop a more robust anchor point that will be suitable for rough terrain.
We riders live for that time in the saddle - whether your ride is open road, twisty fun, or a road less travelled, TULLY will follow you everywhere.
There's more to motorcycle gear than just being on the bike. It's everything in-between, too.
Who wants to spend precious riding time mucking around with messy loose straps, just to get a sip of water? Who's tired of an overly complicated tailbag that is both hard to clean, and hard to look at?
We wanted to design for both purpose and lifestyle when we created TULLY. Named after one of the wettest towns in 'Straya, we created a unique, sleek, functional tailbag that is easy to use, easy to clean, and looks damn good on any bike.
Oh, and they're universal - so swap them between bikes, go up and down sizes, or stack 'em on top of each other. The choice is yours.
Motorbike Tail Bags: How to Find Your Brand
When shopping online for new motorcycle gear, it can be easy to be influenced by just the aesthetic of each piece—and forget to consider the size, materials, and functionality.
We want every rider in our community to know that they’re getting the highest quality bags and accessories when shopping for their next road trip bag. So we’ve rounded up some of the best features to look out for when hunting for a waterproof bag.
Made for all seasons and the tightest corners, and designed with rider usability in mind, our Tully Waterproof tailbag is one of Australia’s most innovative luggage sets—and for good reason. Wondering why? Check out our favourite features and what to look out for when shopping online for motorbike bags and gear below.
Waterproof Motorcycle Bags: What To Look For
Instead of leaving your luggage to chance when packing up for your next adventure, we recommend putting in a bit of work to consider all of the options on the market when it comes to motorcycle bags and accessories. Why? Because even the most careful plans can go to waste if you don’t have the proper gear—or can’t access it when needed the most. Worse still—having to forgo critical trip supplies because your bags aren’t waterproof or haven’t been designed to be functionality packed.
Among the top feature we recommend looking out for in a tailbag, we suggest:
- Multifunctional Straps: Buying a bag for the back of your bike? Even if you’re planning on setting up shop on the back for this trip, consider the strap configuration and how many ways you can lock your gear into place going forward. A well-designed bag should be able to be strapped and secured in multiple ways to ensure secure storage and a comfortable, sustainable ride on your unique bike.
- Durable Materials: Not only should the bags’ body be made from material that can stand up to sun, wind, and rain, additional features including seams, zips, and pockets should be designed to lock out moisture and keep your gear safe and dry.
- Easy Access Features: Like zips, pulls, and snaps should be easy to use—even when wearing a full safety kit.
We considered each of these when designing our Tully bags to ensure the collection was designed specifically for everyday rider needs. Among the many innovative features we’ve incorporated, there are:
Hardcore Waterproofing: From water resistance easy-access pockets to a sealed zip with a watertight locking mechanism, we want your supplies to stay dry regardless of the conditions.
- T-shaped Zippers: To ensure you can work the pulley system and grab your goods without having to remove gloves or any piece of your safety kit.
- Hard Shell Interior: To keep even the most valuable gear safe, secure, and away from damage when you’re on the road.
Hit the Road with Waterproof Motorcycle Luggage
Flying Solo Gear Co is a motorcycle gear shop founded by and for everyday motorbike riders in Melbourne, Australia. The accessories, luggage kits, and safety supplies we sport every day mean the difference between a safe, enjoyable trip and a daunting one, we continuously work to redesign everyday accessories to bring this vision to life.
Dedicated to high quality, relentless innovation, and making the most out of your time on the road, check out our growing range of supplies. Our gear is already used daily by riders like you. From Tully Tailbag Straps to helmet holders and everything in between, Flying Solo is made from experience and designed for real life.